You May Not Have to Suffer Through Chronic Back Pain
There are outpatient remedies for backaches.
From Conservative to Comprehensive Care
Snap, crackle, pop. Synovial fluid dries up. Discs compress. Bones get brittle. Arthritis sets in. Aches and pain are signs of aging. Though a fancy new cane may be on your shopping list, don’t resign yourself to living out your years in misery.
Low back pain remedies used to totter between popping anti-inflammatory drugs throughout the day and surgical vertebral fusion with bolts and plates. The two extremes are still in use but many solutions in between are available.
View six paragraphs and list…
If you have a bad back, work within your limitations. Don’t lift heavy objects, and rest when warranted. The opioid epidemic has put pressure on physicians to emphasize conservative care with NSAIDs ands ice packs for several months. The human body is miraculous. Most back problems resolve on their own when given time to heal.
But if pain persists for months, seek out a specialist. It is surprising what can be done with injections and laparoscopy. Here is a short list of less/non-invasive remedies:
- Vertebral realignment may be warranted
- Back massage can loosen tense muscles
- Pain-causing nerves can be numbed or neutered
- Weakened vertebrae can be strengthened with acrylic
- Vertebral spaces can be elevated
- Weakened tendons an ligaments can be regenerated
Your Back Prevents You From Walking
People think that L4-L5 disc herniation is the most popular back problem. Though common, facet joint disorders (FJD) is a more frequent cause of limited mobility. With both conditions, there may low back pain accompanied by pain, numbness or tingling in lower extremities. Herniation can cause radiculopathy extending to the foot. FJD does not generally extend beyond the thighs, with significant pain in the hip that exacerbated by walking or standing.
Doctor selection depends upon location and you health plan. Getting treatment for the correct diagnosis is important. Chiropractic manipulations exacerbate disc herniation or vertebral compression. Explain symptoms clearly and ask to be referred to a pain management specialist for evaluation. Pain management is a multi-disciplinary approach that includes various diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. When you visit your doctor, have him use visual aids like the anatomy posters sold on this site to help you better understand diagnosis.
- Facet Joint Disorders and Back Pain. spine-health.com
- Facet Joint Injections Procedure Video. spine-health.com
- Radiofrequency Ablation for Low Back Pain. clevelandclinic.org
- Vertebroplasty & Kyphoplasty. mayfieldclinic.com
- Prolotherapy: the Answer to Healing the Injuries that Won’t Go Away? draxe.com
- The Secret Life of Pain. NYTimes.com