Are You Getting Enough Potassium?

ESTIMATE 4-MINUTE READ

Potassium Function and Deficiency

Pin

As the third most abundant mineral in the body, 80 percent of potassium is found in our muscle cells, while the other 20 percent is within our bones, liver, and red blood cells. Interestingly, this conductor of electricity (electrolyte) energizes our bodies. According to Sunithi Selvaraj, RD, “There are two forms: Potassium chloride, which is taken as a dietary supplement and potassium citrate which is found naturally in many foods.”

Login Remind

Join Discussion