Given any thought, you could foresee that opening the economy without a vaccine is a disastrous plan. Phases based on random calendar targets, rather than test results, are backfiring.
As long as the COVID-19 trajectory was rising at a sharp angle, states remained cautious about reopening. Then infection rates, though still high, leveled off. For many states, this was like ringing a dinner bell. Most states reopening with weak guidelines saw flocks of people overcrowding beaches, bars, and restaurants. Now it looks like a superhero took that flat curve and bent it upward.
With dozens of professional athletes testing positive for COVID-19, sports fans want to fill stadiums and team managers are eager to take their money. Bars disregarding all social distancing protocols are breading grounds for the coronavirus. In favor of contactless payment methods, people do not even want to touch communal money. Yet, many are eager to try and see what it is like among crowds.
More than 50% of the public either wear ill-fitted masks or allow them to contaminate themselves. The illusion of protection is as bad as no protection at all. You need to cover, your eyes, nose and mouth with clean coverings while outdoors. Repeatedly pulling masks down and touching them defeats the purpose.
When removed, personal protective equipment (PPE) should be promptly washed, isolated, or discarded. Then wash hands, face, possibly hair, and change clothing. A UV flashlight can help detect how many surfaces have contaminants. If you do not want to wear proper PPE correctly, you might as well shelter in place and have your necessities delivered.
We are seeing reactionary laws pass each week. At least a dozen states are suspending or modifying their reopening plans. Some governors are making public mask wearing a mandate, not a suggestion. Restauranteurs in at least one state risk stiff fines for noncompliance with social distancing.
This coronavirus is insidious because of its multifaceted effects on people and asymptomatic infection. What will you do? Does it differ from what you should do? Might we see you on sports kiss cams? We trust you will remain safe and await a viable vaccine so you can stay A Bit More Healthy.
Coronavirus pandemic information represents a historic snapshot of fluid events. To support the writing of useful articles about COVID-19, ClinicalPosters sells human anatomy posters, scientific posters and other products online. You may sponsor specific articles, remit a small donation,Slide extra posters into DeuPair Frames without removing from the wallYou can donateYou may sponsor specific articles, remit a small donation,Slide extra posters into DeuPair Frames without removing from the wallYou may remit a small donationAlso shop for ClinicalPins that include more than lapel pins or leave an encouraging comment to keep the work going. Stay safe and A Bit More Healthy.
- Restarting pro sports will raise morale, help negotiate a new normal and generate a lot of money. theglobeandmail.com
- Revenue sharing poses potential roadblock to Major League Baseball restarting, sports lawyers say. Published May 22, 2020. abajournal.com
- Baseball is back. And it looks a lot different. cnn.com
- Miami Marlins' season on hold after more players test positive for Covid-19. cnn.com
- A doctor and former football player warns it's not safe for the NFL to start the season. cnn.com
- 12 states are pausing reopening over the surge in US coronavirus cases. cnn.com
- Some public health officials are resigning amid threats during the Covid-19 pandemic. cnn.com
- Local officials hit roadblocks on the way to enacting measures to curb coronavirus spikes. cnn.com
- These are the states requiring people to wear masks when out in public. cnn.com
- As coronavirus spikes in US, China locks down 400,000 people ... over 18 cases. cnn.com
- Coronavirus can float in air and WHO and CDC should tell people that, experts say. cnn.com
- Localized lockdowns show that we're in the most complex phase of coronavirus yet. cnn.com
- Model projects 200K US Covid-19 deaths if masks aren't worn. cnn.com
- Main photo by Maksim Goncharenok on Pexels.