Are Clay Masks Effective?
The human face is the primary focus of the beauty industry. It is generally the most distinguishing characteristic. Cosmetics obscure skin imperfections and enhance features. Derma peels (chemical peels) shed blemishes and Botox fills wrinkles. But taking good care of your skin minimizes the need for dramatic enhancements.
Good nutrition and face washing once or twice per day with a mild cleanser before patting it dry are basic ways cosmetology professionals suggest to keep skin healthy. Dermatologists recommend sunblock or moisturizer with UVA and UVB protection when outdoors. Your daily facial regimen depends on your age, gender, and skin type. It may be oily or dry; hairy, wrinkly, smooth, or have blemishes.
Pores can enlarge or swell as impurities attack follicles. A cosmetology facial usually includes cleansing, exfoliation, massage, extractions, and a clay mask. Discomfort from extractions and exfoliation is temporary with long lasting benefits. Did you think this article is solely for women? Men get facials too! If you have a lot of stubble, consider shaving the night before the facial.
Clay Mask Benefits
Clay masks can help draw out impurities, brighten the look of your skin, refine pores, hydrate and eliminate excess shine of oily skin. They are are also calming—often applied as part of a spa treatment—but you can apply them at home. There are three phases of a clay mask: Damp, semi-dry, and dry phase. Restrict treatment to three times a week.
Each clay offers different benefits. With its high mineral content and super absorbing capabilities, montmorillonite clay, when mixed with water, has a strong electric charge. This enables it to attract and bind to pore-clogging oil and bacteria.
Kaolin is one of the mildest clays that is calming and an excellent acne-fighter. It gently exfoliates and unclogs pores while keeping your skin’s natural moisture intact. Red kaolinite penetrates deep into pores to soak up the excess sebum that causes acne breakouts.
Double masking is the use of different clay masks, one after the other—washing in between. Layering one mask directly over the other is trickier, and in most cases avoided.
With this primer in facials, are you ready to shop and try it at home? Perhaps it is best—at least for the first time—to have a facial done professionally by a cosmetologist or esthetician. This way you receive an evaluation and product recommendation for your skin type.
You get to compare how it should feel when done properly. Thereafter, you can decide if you wish to perform your own maintenance or schedule regular visits. When in doubt, consult a dermatology doctor prior to treatment. Your skin may not be perfect, but with a little pampering, you can feel A Bit More Healthy.
To support the writing of useful articles about cosmetology, ClinicalPosters sells human anatomy posters, scientific posters and other products online. You may sponsor specific articles, remit a small donation,Slide extra posters into DeuPair Frames without removing from the wallYou can donateYou may sponsor specific articles, remit a small donation,Slide extra posters into DeuPair Frames without removing from the wallYou may remit a small donationAlso shop for ClinicalPins that include more than lapel pins or leave an encouraging comment to keep the work going. Stay safe and A Bit More Healthy.
- 6 Reasons Why Men Should Get Facials. menshealth.com/style/a19522778/reasons-get-facial/ Retrieved 30 Jul 2020
- 7 Benefits Of Clay Masks For Any Skin Type. lorealparisusa.com/beauty-magazine/skin-care/skin-care-essentials/benefits-of-clay-masks-for-any-skin-type.aspx Retrieved 30 Jul 2020
- How Often Should You Use a Clay Face Mask? bellaforever.co.uk/how-often-should-you-use-a-clay-face-mask/ Retrieved 30 Jul 2020
- What Do Clay Masks Actually Do for Your Skin? skincare.com/article/clay-mask-benefits Retrieved 30 Jul 2020
- Clay Mask Benefits: Why They’re A Must For Acne-Prone Skin. eminenceorganics.com/ca/blog/2018/12/05/clay-mask-benefits-why-theyre-must-acne-prone-skin Retrieved 30 Jul 2020
- Are Two Face Masks Better Than One? How to Double Mask the *Right* Way. marieclaire.com/beauty/news/a26027/double-masking-tips/ Retrieved 30 Jul 2020
- Face Haus. thefacehaus.com Retrieved 30 Jul 2020
Access more article features and references.