Publish 22 February 2022
Your attitude about your health and life can affect outcomes.
Many people believe in the power of positive affirmations. The belief is that you can speak your own reality or self-fulfilling prophesy. In a soft chant, they repeat phrases like:
- I am beautiful.
- I will succeed.
- No power can defeat me.
- My stress is floating away.
You can find prerecorded affirmations on websites. Then listen to them while you work or meditate. Actions speak louder than words though. Unhealthy people by their actions are making negative affirmations:
- I don’t care about my appearance.
- I will eat a pint of ice cream only because I do not have a half gallon.
- I don’t mind replacing my wardrobe with larger clothes because I love to shop.
- I rather suffer through the pain of getting out of bed every day than suffer through the first few weeks of pain from beginning to exercise.
- I rather die eating potato chips and beer than workout.
Guest what? Negative affirmations come true! Most people do not vocalize such negativity. But a life course can speak such realities. It takes about three weeks to form a good habit. This includes becoming a vegetarian, walking, biking, or going to the gym. Compared to the rest of your life, this time period is short.
So do you prefer to complain about your health for years to come or begin making tough changes that make you feel better in the long run? With your lips or your actions, speak your reality.