Sometimes it is not just people. Delays, bills, even this question might get on yours.
People, delays, bills, even this question might figuratively get on your nerves. The nervous system can generally be divided into two parts: The central nervous system (CNS) and the peripheral nervous system (PNS).
Your brain and spinal column comprise the CNS while the PNS consists mainly of nerves that connect the CNS to every other part of the body. Your nervous system is involved in everything your body does, from regulating your breathing to controlling your muscles, and sensing heat and cold.
About 20 million Americans suffer from diabetes related peripheral nerve damage. Of more than 100 different types of nerve damage, sensory nerve damage may produce the following symptoms:
- Tingling or prickling
- Positional awareness issues
Order your copy of The Nervous System poster to hang more details about this subject on your exam room or classroom wall.
- Nervous system. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nervous_system Retrieved 17 Mar 2018
- What is the Nervous System? news-medical.net/health/What-is-the-Nervous-System.aspx Retrieved 17 Mar 2018
- What are the parts of the nervous system?. nichd.nih.nih.gov/health/topics/neuro/conditioninfo/parts Retrieved 17 Mar 2018
- Nerve Pain and Nerve Damage. webmd.com/brain/nerve-pain-and-nerve-damage-symptoms-and-causes#1 Retrieved 17 Mar 2018
Access full article and references.
UPDATED: FEB 25, 2022