Publish 7 January 2021
Whether you use Zoom, FaceTime, or Skype, video meetings and online conferences have become the new normal. During the COVID-19 era, video conferencing is overtaking video blogs in popularity. Appearing vivacious in front of your computer or laptop screen is a downright struggle, right? The professional life of both men and women is in the spotlight with unexpected challenges on cameras and video chats!
If you feel that your laptop camera is not helping your appearance, you’re not alone. The camera lens and lights often makes skin look greasy and shadowy. You can enhance your skin and look more alive than ever, bringing back its subtle glow.
Cosmetology Tips to Look Good On Camera
This article explains how to improve both men’s and women’s online appearances with a smidgen of makeup. You don’t need cosmetology certification to look your best in video conferences.
Simplify your background. Choose a solid color or plain outfit to wear. A patterned or plaid outfit is distracting onscreen. Men should get a nice haircut and tame unwanted facial hair. Brush your teeth. Shave your face and comb your hair.
Add Glow to Your Skin
Show off the radiant glow of your skin by applying an illuminating foundation before online conferencing. Camera lights make your skin crazy shiny and oily. Don’t forget to prep your face with a makeup primer or moisturizer.
- Makeup tips for men. Bald heads reflect more light, making pores and blemishes more prominent. Powdered makeup is the best option for any oil-free and even skin tone. Brush on a powder that matches your complexion for better results. Use a brow brush or pencil to shape to eyebrows. Remove tangles and freshen your hair with taming sprays or styling gels.
- Makeup tips for women. For women, “no makeup” makeup is a good option. It evens out the skin tone with minimal natural-looking products. A matte foundation with a buildable coverage helps skin maintain its dewiness.
Make your skin more alive with blush and highlighter because webcams can dull your skin color. Apply lightly pigmented lipstick to give your lips a soft appearance. Avoid shiny lip glosses. Use a few coats of mascara to make your eyes wider and look brighter.
If you’re having a bad hair day, use a hair fixing spray or a hair styling tool. Rub dry shampoo through your locks to avoid frizzy hair.
Squirt Some Eyedrops
Even with slight redness in your eyes, you’ll look tired and sleepy. This is because the camera lights accentuate pink and red tones. Eye drops constrict blood vessels up to eight hours. This keeps your eyes comforted and bright.
Sidelights and backlights result in a shady face or half-blocked face. A front-facing window, LED light, or steady lamp gives your skin a soft and ultra-matte finish.
Soft, neutral, front-facing light prevents harsh shadows. If the light source is positioned directly at you, apply less highlighter on your face.
Healthy Nutrients For Your Skin
For every man and woman, healthy skin hydration is important. Nutrients make your skin work well and feel good. Some nutritional components that provide radiance and glow to your skin include:
- Proteins protect your skin against free radicals and UV light. Keratin and collagen maintains skin structure.
- Water flushes out toxins from your body and keeps your skin fresh and hydrated.
- Healthy unsaturated fats reduce skin inflammation, thus making it moisturized and wrinkle-free.
- Vitamins A, C, and E protect your skin from any damage by acting as anti-inflammatory agents. They also prevent the skin from aging.
Ready For Your Spotlight
Webcams often make your skin look sallow and shadowy. Have more confidence as you spend hours on video conferences. Lack of healthy nutrients counteracts the best makeup. To look better on your laptop screen, try the cosmetology tips mentioned above. Login for more tips below. Let me know what you think.
To support the writing of useful articles about cosmetology, ClinicalPosters sells human anatomy posters, scientific posters and other products online. You may sponsor specific articles, remit a small donation,Slide extra posters into DeuPair Frames without removing from the wallYou can donateYou may sponsor specific articles, remit a small donation,Slide extra posters into DeuPair Frames without removing from the wallYou may remit a small donationAlso shop for ClinicalPins that include more than lapel pins or leave an encouraging comment to keep the work going. Stay safe and A Bit More Healthy.
Co-author Zarsha Noureen is a writer specializing in beauty, health, and wellness.
- MËNAJI Video Conferencing Pro Tips: Lights, Camera, Action! menaji.com
- Six tips for looking great in a Zoom meeting. usatoday.com
- Follow This 10-Minute Beauty Routine to Look Good on Every Zoom Call. theeverygirl.com
- The Best No-Makeup Makeup Products for a Natural Look. glamour.com
- How to Do Your Makeup for Zoom, According to Makeup Artists. nymag.com
- How to Apply Camera-Friendly Makeup for Men and Women. premiumbeat.com
- The Best Zoom Makeup Ideas That Look Flattering on Literally Everyone. goodhousekeeping.com
- Nutrients for Healthy Skin. webmd.com
Access more article features and references.