Genitourinary Catheterization Simulator BASIC
With the male or female P93 BASIC catheterization trainer, male bladder catheterization procedures can be realistically demonstrated, practiced and assessed. With soft and flexible material, the penile foreskin is movable and the penis can be stretched. The soft material allows the female labia to be separated.
- 14.2 x 4.3 x 10.4 inch stand with magnetic genital inserts
- Catheterization set with transparent bladder
- Bottle and tube connectors
Genital inserts are placed into the anatomically correct lower abdominal model and held in place with magnets. The material gives a realistic feeling when inserting and removing the catheter into the bladder with realistic resistance and insertion depths. Students can practice all the necessary gestures for catheterization (e.g. disinfection). Replacement parts are available.
Various levels of difficulty:
On the male insert, three different levels of narrowing of urethra can be set. In the narrowest setting, catheterization is not possible, leading to the conclusion that a suprapubic catheter is needed.
On the PRO version, a suprapubic catheter has already been put in place, and the student can practice cleaning it and taking care of it with the trainer.
All the benefits of the male P93 PRO catheterization simulator at a glance:
- Male catheterization with realistic resistance
- 3 levels of adjustable narrowing of urethra
- Soft and movable foreskin (for practicing disinfection, for example)
- Anatomically realistic pelvic structure
- Liquid outflow if catheterization is successfully carried out
- The transparent bladder can be checked, and the abdominal wall can be removed
- Includes suprapubic catheter for practicing, cleaning and caring for it
- Stands securely on the table thanks to the non-slip feet
- Magnetic connectors for quick set-up and dismantling
- Easy to clean and maintain, and can be completely taken apart
- A sponge on the inside prevents a build-up of moisture
For catheterization, we recommend using catheters with only one or two drainage eyes opposite each other. Both silicone and PVC catheters can be used. We recommend the following catheters:
- Urethral narrowing “open” = 16 CH catheter or 14 CH balloon catheter
- Urethral narrowing “partial narrowing” = 14 CH catheter or 12 CH balloon catheter
- Catheters with a curved tip should not be used!
According to the guidelines for correct catheterization, even during the simulation, lubricating gel (not included) should be placed into the urethra to ensure that the catheter can be inserted smoothly. Alternatively, some lubricating gel can be placed on the tip of the catheter.