What relief is available for hurricane victims?
DISASTER Devastation caused by hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria is stunning. And this is the beginning of hurricane season. Twenty percent of the offices for which we supply medical posters and frames are in Florida and Texas. A small number of these may have been affected by the storms. Some are experiencing a surge in patient care.
We want to express appreciation for the work of tireless doctors and nurses during times of crisis. Disasters such as hurricanes, earthquakes, and severe winter storms underscore the importance of proper planning for catastrophes by both healthcare systems and physicians. An emergency checklist should enable you to preserve your assets as well as maintain lines of communication with staff and patients.
Hurricane Irma, Fort Lauderdle, Florida, 2017.
It has been said that a picture says a thousand words. By this estimate, each appropriate image on a medical office shaves seven minutes from a patient visit. This helps physicians to consult with the surplus of patients in overcrowded waiting rooms.
Rust-proof DeuPair frames remain elevated above water levels without falling or skewing. Laminated anatomy posters can survive limited moisture. High humidity or prolonged dampness can result in poster warping.
If your school or medical office has been affected by recent U.S. disasters, let us know. We will do what we can to discount products or shipping. This will allow you to help others be A Bit More Healthy. Links below provide encouraging experiences and information about insurance disbursements, tax breaks and other aid.
- How To Get (And Offer) Help After Hurricane Harvey. houstonpublicmedia.org
- Lloyd’s of London starts paying out $4.5bn of Harvey and Irma claims. theguardian.com
- Special tax breaks for Harvey, Irma and Maria disasters pass in Congress. usatoday.com
- Witnesses in the United States Cope With Impact of Hurricane Harvey. jw.com
- We Thank God and Give Courage. jw.com
- Dr. Sanjay Gupta: Puerto Rico has medical supplies -- why must doctors fight for them? cnn.com
- Be Prepared: Tips for Physicians on Disaster Preparedness. thedoctors.com
- The best charities to give to for victims of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria. businessinsider.com
- Trump Waives Jones Act for Puerto Rico, Easing Hurricane Aid Shipments. nytimes.com
- Puerto Rico aid is trapped in thousands of shipping containers. cnn.com
- One of the clearest signs of climate change in Hurricanes Maria, Irma, and Harvey was the rain. vox.com
- This Atlantic hurricane season is one of the worst on record — see the terrible destruction each storm has caused. businessinsider.com