At least 10 things stand between you and happiness.
HEALTH Despite what you may have heard on the radio, you may have realized that remaining happy requires more than just clapping along. What we do, how we do it and who we do it with contributes to our being happy. Author James Clear has some suggestions. To entertain discussion in the comment section below, I will list them. Further elaboration can be found in his website article entitled, "10 Common Mistakes That Prevent You From Being Happy and Healthy Today, Backed by Science."
- Avoiding deep and meaningful connections (like marriage, close friendships and staying in touch with family).
- Sitting all day.
- Never stopping to just breathe.
- Not joining a religion — or otherwise becoming part of a community.
- Ignoring your creative abilities.
- Spending all day indoors.
- Spending your time consuming instead of contributing.
- Working in a job that you don’t love.
- Eating alone.
- Believing that you are unworthy of health, happiness and love.
Being unhappy is not enjoyable. What’s your take on this list? Does it coincide with your principles? Is your life contradicting them? What tips would you add? How will today support your quest to be happy? Do you believe that happiness contributes to our, not just feeling, but actually being A Bit More Healthy.
Photo by Unsplash via Pixabay.